Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Shower Favor Box Tutorial Part #1

Here is a tutorial for some Baby Shower Favor Boxes I have made:
Step #1. 
These favor boxes were cut out from my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge.  You can make them different sizes, I believe mine were 5 inches.  Make sure to score the boxes on the folds using a Scor Pal or some type of scoring tool.

Place Terrifically Tacky Tape on the end and on the bottom.

Adhere the box together as shown.
Step #2
 Cut out the same images using patterned paper. 
It doesn't all have to be the same color, just matching colors. 
You will see different patterned papers here.
Using my Fiskars trimmer, I trimmed off all the handles,
the skinny sides of the box, and the bottom of the box.
You should only have the big sides remaining as shown below.
Here is the completed two toned favor box.
Step #3. 
Now you need to put the favors in the box:
First I put in some paper stuffing, otherwise I will be in the poor house!  LOL
I stuffed these with Frosted Animal cookies. 
I use baggies from the dollar store and
ties that I have laying around the house.
At that moment, it was the only thing
I could find that was pink and white!
Step #4
Here are all of the boxes stuffed and ready,
now I need to tie some ribbon around the handles. 
I usually attach a pink baby pin or a pink clothespin to these,
but I couldn't find any for this event so I did without.
Step #5
I like to present them on something that looks fancy. 
In this case I used a cake round that I found at Walmart. 
These are inexpensive and they even have pretty swirls on them.
Here they are completed and presented for the mother to be
at her baby shower!
The finished project!
View from the top!
Close up shot!
This is a pretty easy project, however, it can be time consuming depending on how many favor boxes you need to make.  Be sure to tell your customers or your friends that you will need at least two months notice.  Some people don't like to use their Cricut machine.  But this has been a life saver for someone like me who creates these types of boxes often.  If you have carpal tunnel like I do, I am sure you will understand.
Also, there are no more crooked boxes from my crooked cutting! 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.  If you have questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. very cute! Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, you mean you didnt make the cookies as well???
    They look great, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! I just ordered this cartridge. I have the same kind of thing in mind!

    ReplyDelete