Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1st Stampin Up Scrap Meeting

March 3, 2010

So a couple of weeks ago I went to my first Stampin Up workshop. I met a lot of really nice people at the workshop and I learned several new techniques. My host was gracious and well spoken. Here are some pictures of the easel card we made:

This is the inside of the card. You can't really tell from this photo, but we stamped the image on the outside of the card twice. We stamped once on the outside and then again on the inside without re-inking. This gave it a kind of shabby and faded look to it.



This is the card folded up. I stamped it a little crooked, but i kind of like that it isn't perfect anyway. Life isn't perfect, right? The friends stamp was achieved by putting drops of three different colors of alcohol ink on a baby wipe. It came out pretty cool, huh! I wish I could take credit for this technique, but it was our host who taught us how do accomplish this.



Here is the card sitting inside the border punch which makes it sit up and therefore, it is an easel card! I loved making this card and so enjoyed my time at that workshop. I hope to be to attend each meeting. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment